Friday, January 29, 2016

My life is weird. Fact.

When I walk into the lounge room and tell Mum that she will NOT believe the weirdness that just happened in my front yard, given she knows me and my weird life and is used to my crazy stories, you just know it is going to be a good one!

This evening my good friend S came over with his kids to give me a hand. I got a new couch delivered (that is a whole other story for another day, but just let me ask this, how in the heck do you lose a couch???) and he popped over to give me a hand to shift my heavy old couch and put the legs on my new baby.

Jobs all done, and S and his gorgeous offspring head off and I walk them outside. We are standing out the front chatting and I notice two things happening.

One - his son is carrying around one of my garden gnomes.

Two - there is a very eccentric old lady with a trolley standing out the front of my house. For the sake of a good story, let's call her Maude.

As I am sure any of you with kids can work out, we all know what is gonna happen. Sure enough, Gnome goes crashing to the concrete. (No biggie. He was $4 at Kmart. And it gives me a good excuse to go back.) All of a sudden my old friend Maude starts killing herself laughing. Righto.

The little guy brings me up the broken pieces of Gnome and tells me that he is very sorry that it is really really broken. Sweet little man. All of a sudden Maude is upon us! She has waddled up the path and snatched poor old gnomies broken body from my hands and replaced him with a (very pretty and from a very classy florist) bunch of flowers in my hands,  Before I could blink or say anything she has told me to get some wire and make a fence, and that I should get a bull terrier. She wanders off down the path yelling over her shoulder that she will dispose of the corpse and off she goes down the street, Leaving S and I standing there. Mouths open. Not really sure what had happened.

Maude is the kind of character you expect to be a fixture in the neighborhood. But I have been in this house since I was 6 weeks old. And I have never seen her before. But I will be keeping an eye out for her. I get the feeling she could make my life that little bit more interesting!

And for those interested, here is my new look lounge room! I am loving making my beautiful house a cosy home for me and the three,




Couch - Ruby from Fantastic Furniture
Rug, Side Tables, Pink and Marble Cushions, Lamp, Vase, 
kids couches and wall hanging all from Kmart
Sequinned Throws - Spotlight (30% off yall!)
Flamingo Cushions were a gift
Flowers by Maude
Guitar by Dean





No comments:

Post a Comment