Monday, October 26, 2015

15 minutes is all I ask!!!

I tried to have a bath tonight. Silly me. What Mum in their right mind thinks they can have 15 minutes to do something for themselves?!?!?

I finally got F down and settled in his cot. He has had a yucky couple of days with a sore tummy, so it was so nice to see him smile as he drifted off to sleep. 

I ran a hot bath with lots of bubbles. I slid in and started to relax. This was the first time I had actually stopped since 5am. Bliss. Next thing comes a blood curdling scream from the twins room. I quickly slide my head under the water. Alas, I can still hear it. 

I drag myself out of the nice, deep, warm, bubbly water and into my dressing gown. 

I walk into the twins room and survey the scene before me. 

S has taken off a pooey nappy and it's on the floor. B has stood in it, and is standing on her pillow on the bed, hopping about on the clean foot screaming POO and shoving her dirty foot in the air.

I let out to clean them up, carrying B, and S runs ahead, bursts into F's nursery and yells GOOD MORNING in his face.

Its 10.05. All three children are awake. There is poo. Everywhere. 

Is it any wonder I drink?

I clean up the twins and get them back into their beds, clean up the floor and give them some more milk. I go back in and settle F.

It's now 10.40. The twins are lying in their beds quietly chattering to each other. F is awake but settled in his cot.

My bath is stone cold. 

I give up. 

I'll try again in 2033 when they have all moved out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment